Preparing Standard Solutions
- A standard solution is a solution in which its concentration is known.
- The steps taken in preparing a standard solution are:
- Determine the voloume and concentration that you want to prepare.
- Calculate the mass of solute needed to give the required volume and concentration.
- Weigh the solute
- Dissolve the solute completely dissolved in distilled water and then transfer it to a volumetric flask partially filled with distilled water.
- Add distilled water to the calibration mark of the volumetric flask.
- Invert the flask and shake it to make sure thorough mixing.